Anyone can compete in the Backyard BBQ People's Choice Competition! You do not have to compete in the KCBS portion of the event to register for the Backyard BBQ Competition.
The Backyard BBQ People's Choice Competition is open to everyone! There are no limitations to what you can use to grill!
> $20 entry fee (free to competitors in the KCBS contest)
> Cash prizes in each division
- People's Choice: 1st place-$125, 2nd place-$75, 3rd place-$50
- Judged: 1st place-$150, 2nd place-$50, 3rd place-$25
> Two methods of judging: people's choice and blind
> Past Backyard BBQ Meats are:
- Skin-on raw turkey breast lobe - sponsored by Dakota Provisions and Wyshbone Market
- Brisket- sponsored by SD Beef Council
- Pork butt - sponsored by SD Pork Producers Council
- Boneless leg of lamb roast - sponsored by American Lamb Board, SD Sheep Growers and Lynn and Dianne
Perry, and DeSmet Farm Mutual Insurance
2019 Backyard BBQ Entry Form